Monday, March 15, 2010

Quotable - good can come from spacing out

There are few things that I love more than looking out the window of a car, train, or bus. One day, when I was gazing out of a bus window, I was struck by a thought: “What do I want out of life?” “Well,” I thought, “I want to be happy.” It occurred to me that I never thought about whether I was happy or not, or how I could be happier, or even what it meant to be happy. “Zoikes,” I thought, “I should have a happiness project!” If I’d been checking my emails,
I might never have had the idea
for the happiness project.

~ Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

dkuroiwa said...

Personally...I like the idea of a "happiness project"...many times, people will ask me if I'm happy here...and more times than not, my answer is "i'm not unhappy". I could use a project to up my happy a bit....