Here's my favorite way to handle turkey leftover from Thanksgiving. These easy enchiladas are yummy!
Makes 6 servings
* 3 cups shredded skinned cooked turkey
* 2 cups sour cream*
* About 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 12 corn tortillas (I use flour tortillas)
* 1 jar (16 oz.) medium-hot salsa (use a salsa you really like, green or red)
1. In a bowl, mix turkey, sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheese, and the salt.
2. Heat oil in an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over low heat. Dip the tortillas, one at a time, in the hot oil just until limp, about 5 seconds.
3. Fill tortillas equally with turkey mixture, roll up, and arrange side by side, seam down, in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Pour salsa evenly over the top.
4. Bake in a 350° oven until heated through, about 20 minutes (it seems to take longer for me - I add about 8 more minutes). If desired, sprinkle more shredded cheese over hot enchiladas before serving.
*This recipe tastes just as good (well, almost) if you use low fat cheddar cheese and low fat sour cream.