Entertainment Weekly has just announced its end of the year best and worst lists of books. They have selected ten books that are the best in fiction and 10 that are best in nonfiction. And then there is the dreaded list of the five worst books period:
1. Chasing Harry Winston, Lauren Weisberger
2. The Lace Reader, Brunonia Barry
3. The Gargoyle, Andrew Davidson
4. Bright Shiny Morning, James Frey
5. A Wolf at the Table, Augusten Burroughs
Here's my personal tale of woe - I've not read any of the twenty best books but have read two out of the five worst books. I read "The Lace Reader" [absolutely dreadful] and "A Wolf at the Table" [tiresome and whiny with recycled material from Running with Scissors]. Since I agree wholeheartedly with these two books being on a worst books list, maybe I should consider the best books for future reading.