Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quotable - Brand New Shiny Democratic Party

"It took me a long while to be able to formulate some coherent thought without sounding like a lunatic, yet as much as it hurts we now have a President-Elect Barack Obama. I congratulate his supporters and I wish that Barack Obama and the Brand New Shiny “Democratic” Party proves me wrong.

As a person of cafe-con-leche skinned persuasion, I can acknowledge the historical importance of an African-American president, but as a woman and as a citizen, I feel the ends never did nor never will justify the means. Our votes were stolen in the 2008 “Democratic” Primary, at the RBC meeting on May 31st and at the DNC Denver Convention. We suffered and witnessed rampant misogyny and harassment from O-trolls and the mainstream media and were denied Democracy.

The kicker to all this is, despite having a record voter turnout in the “D” column, Proposition 2 in Florida and Proposition 8 in California were passed, and the Brand New Shiny “Democrats” voted for the ban. I still cannot support a party that does not fight and represent equality for all, nor respect the sanctity of one person = one vote. Liberalism, Equal Rights and Critical Thinking are dead in the Brand New Shiny “Democratic” Party."

~ sm77 via Liberalcrat

No comments: