Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm Not a Crook They Just Hate My Conservative Politics

From the AP (San Jose Mercury News) cover of Doolittle's campaign announcement:

At an announcement ceremony in a hangar at the Auburn Airport, Doolittle never mentioned Abramoff's name, saying instead that he was under attack because of his conservative political philosophy.

"Make no mistake about it, it is because of our fight on these issues that has led many working to defeat me," he said. "They don't like the fact that I want to keep your taxes lower. They don't like the fact I voted to eliminate entire programs that the federal government had no business funding in the first place."

Personally, I don't like the fact that 15% of what is donated to your PAC goes into your private bank account. And, that's just for starters.

Update: According to what I just read in the interview transcript posted by the Auburn Journal, Doolittle has had a tough time with media due to the Abramobb scandal. They once interrupted his planting of 300 bulbs. Gosh!

[Photo: Sac Bee/Renee Byer]

No comments: